Principal, The Transition Group
Bill Baue is currently in the process of launching a sustainability consultancy, The Transition Group.
Previously he was cofounder of Sea Change Media and a frequent contributor to Sea Change Radio. He has been covering sustainability for over a decade in print, on the web and radio, and in the classroom. He designed and teaches the Communication, Persuasion, and Negotiation course in the Marlboro MBA for Managing in Sustainability.
Baue has researched and written articles, reports, and chapters for organizations and publications across the spectrum of the sustainability ecosystem:
- Corporate Social Responsibility Initiative: co-authored (with Marcy Murninghan) The Accountability Web Report (May 2010)
- United Nations Conference on Trade and Development: authored 2008 Review of the Reporting Status of Corporate Responsibility Indicators (October 2008) and 2008 Review of the Implementation Status of Corporate Governance Disclosures (October 2008)
- Worldwatch Institute: authored “Investing in Sustainability“ chapter in State of the World 2008: Innovations for a Sustainable Economy (Norton, January 2008)
- Ceres: co-authored (with Jackie Cook) Mutual Funds and Climate Change (April 2008), as well as chapters in Green Biz: 50 Green, Profitable Companies Reveal Their Strategies and Successes (Random House, November 2008) and research for the “Climate Risk” chapter in Environmental Alpha (Wiley, October 2009)
- Investor Environmental Health Network: co-authored (with Jonas Kron, Sanford Lewis, Richard A. Liroff, Tim Little) Mutual Neglect (February 2008), and co-authored (with Sanford Lewis, Rich Liroff, Margaret Byrne, and Mary Booth) Toxic Stock Syndrome (April 2008)
- The CRO: “Communities, Corporations, and the Difference Between Consent and Consult” and other articles.
- SRI World Group: Sole writer for SocialFunds.com from 2001 through 2006.
- CSRwire.com: Write weekly “Latest Corporate Social Responsibility News” article from 2005 through present.
- Audubon Magazine: Wrote advertorials on corporate social responsibility and sustainable investing (2007 – 2009)
- The Economist: guest commentary in the debate on corporate responsibility (June 2008)
- Wal-Mart: Sustainability Progress Report (November 2007)
- Children’s Health Environmental Coalition: 12 articles on environmental health on Health-e-House.
From 2004 through 2006, Baue served on the board of directors of Valley Free Radio (WXOJ-LP 103.3 FM), helping steer the station through its launch and hosting of the 2005 Grassroots Radio Conference. From 1998 to 2003, Baue served as a DJ and Music Director at radio free brattleboro, an unlicensed station that challenged the FCC for failing to license low-power community stations (from 1978 through 2001) in a federal case that was ultimately settled out of court. He produced radio free: live in-studio performances from radio free brattleboro featuring Little Feat, Greg Brown, California Guitar Trio, and The Mammals.
- Investing 2.0: Assessing True Sustainability (Innovations)
- The Accountability Web (Policy Library)
- Web 2.0 and Corporate Accountability (Videos)
- Contracting Human Rights? Ruggie Teams with IFC on Study (Briefings)
- The Past and Future of Sustainability (Innovations)
- Ruggie Report Says Voluntary Human Rights Initiatives Set Stage for Binding Global Standards (Commentary)
Last Updated: Jun 23, 2010