John Haffner is an entrepreneur, consultant, and writer based in China.
As founder of Haffner Group Limited, a Hong Kong boutique consultancy in the clean technology and resources sectors, he has recently advised on projects in Asia and in Canada related to drinking water and wastewater, electricity planning, sustainable tourism, biomass energy, mining, and climate change adaptation. He is also director and Asia representative for Dagua Technologies Inc., an innovative drinking water technology.
He is lead author of Japan's Open Future: An Agenda for Global Citizenship (Anthem Press, 2009), and author of an article series for Policy Innovations on green leaders in China.
Haffner has also been honored as an Asia 21 Young Leader by Asia Society (2011) and as a World Fellow by Yale University (2008).
- Now They're Cooking: SolSource Harnesses the Himalayan Sun (Innovations)
- Ma Jun: Information Empowers (Innovations)
- Zhang Yue: A Call for Discipline in a World Out of Control (Innovations)
- Lawyers Without Borders (Innovations)
- Kongjian Yu: The Art of Survival (Innovations)
- The Right to Move (Briefings)
- Immigration as a Source of Renewal in Japan (Commentary)
Last Updated: Jun 16, 2014