John Haffner is an entrepreneur, consultant, and writer based in China. As founder of Haffner Group—a Hong Kong consultancy with a global network of advisors—he works to support growth and innovation in the clean technology industry of Asia and North America. He has recently advised on projects related to water remediation, mining, smart grid, low-carbon transportation fuels, and climate change adaptation.
Haffner is lead author of Japan's Open Future: An Agenda for Global Citizenship (Anthem Press, 2009), and author of a series on green leaders in China for Policy Innovations. He was a 2008 Yale World Fellow and co-leader in 2009–2010 of a Yale University project examining renewable energy innovation in Asia.
- Ma Jun: Information Empowers (Innovations)
- Introducing: More Like This (Briefings)
- Zhang Yue: A Call for Discipline in a World Out of Control (Innovations)
- Lawyers Without Borders (Innovations)
- Kongjian Yu: The Art of Survival (Innovations)
- The Right to Move (Briefings)
- Immigration as a Source of Renewal in Japan (Commentary)
Last Updated: Dec 04, 2012