Independent Documentary Filmmaker
Steve Dorst is a documentary filmmaker who has been directing, producing, shooting, and editing since 2000. In March 2012, Dorst premiered Shattered Sky at the Environmental Film Festival in the Nation's Capital. It is a dramatic retelling of the international ozone crisis, and how America led the world to a solution. It inspires viewers toward the same can-do attitude on energy and climate change today.
His 2007 feature documentary debut Volcanic Sprint followed African runners competing in the world's most grueling running event up and down a volcano. It won the Showcase Award for Best Outdoor Mountain Activity Film at the Big Bear Lake International Film Festival and was broadcast in over more than countries worldwide.
Dorst is based just outside Washington, D.C. and loves making documentaries.
- Solar Explosion: Changing the World with Kiva Loans (Briefings)
- In Kenya: Filming the Faces of Inclusive Business (Briefings)
- Repairing the Shattered Sky (Briefings)
- Lessons from the Montreal Protocol (Videos)
- Climate Change and the Precautionary Principle (Videos)
Last Updated: Jul 23, 2012